Monday, January 18, 2010

one simple word: "PRAYER"

this has been an amazing day...concerning prayer.
This week, my school switch the student shepherd prayer meeting into Monday lunchbreak instead of Weds. For me this is a great, what better way to really kickstart the week than getting the students together in prayer & unity?
Well today I was surprised and greatly encouraged by the number of sudents who showed up for prayer. I think there were about 15/16 today. What excites me even more is the fact that they were most the non-shepherds...who DON'T even have to join prayer. We even dragged a brand new student (I sure hope he'd join again next week) Praise GOD!

We had a great prayer time, prayin for the school, upcoming events,exams n tests. We prayed for some parents who are hospitalized and will undergo operation, and a student who injured his knee during sport. Most of the times we prayed together at the same time, but some prayed outloud alone afterwards for each prayer request. I see how God slowly touched their hearts and how they became more open. My mind then was filled with so many ideas about how to build up and encourage this hunger in them...that God has to remind me constantly that it's all God's work and He knows the perfect time and perfect way to do it =p

So, anyway I did my One Desire prayer 2nite and was listening to pst Seth's sermon on Prayer from last Dec, really awesome reminder for the next 2weeks, or even after...

Our intimacy with Jesus Christ FUELS our prayer...[makes it powerful]
And one key for intimacy is for us to remain in God -->
which means that we need GOD's Word to remain in us...(John 15:5-8)
so that when we pray...FRUIT is produced.
And remain actually means: to continually dwell,or be in the presence of God becoz being apart means we can do NOTHING. a branch disconnected from the vine.
And when God's Word remain in us it meanswe allow God to speak 2us,we let God reign and rule over our lives,to lead us, and we'll be able to make His passion our passion, His burden our burden, His desire to become our desire.
Can't talk about prayer without talkin about God's Word.
awh, too many things to note, just click the title of this post n u'll get the link to the sermon.

Anyway, then as I was browsing i came upon this blogpost and this photo, which also reminds me of a good friend of mine in the states who's about to be sent to Afghanistan in a week or so...it was kind of a shocking news coz this will b the first time ever that I have a friend fighting a war smwhere...it's hard to think about it but I believe God also has a purpose of allowing this to happen and the best I can do is pray. But aside from that this picture really inspire me.



When I was reading all the request on the prayer board,also on the website I really said to myself...WOW, God's really gonna be busy =p
Then again. He can answer all those needs and take care of our problems in a second. But I realize He's also interested in me,seeing my faith grow and to bear good fruits. He's so interested in communicating with me through my prayers,communicate his desire and what's in His heart...wow...to think that i often forgot what a priviledge that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment