Saturday, January 9, 2010

ONE DESIRE 'the intro'

It was the most awaited event for me to begin this year =) My 1st retreat with the HMCC Jakarta yay! [check out www.jakarta.hmcc.net]
At our lifegroup this Tuesday we especially prayed a lot for the retreat. As usual, whenever God is about to do something big, the enemy always try to ruin it by attacking us with various last minute problems. There were already few ppl who suddenly got ill, or suddenly got busy that weekend and decided not to come for whatever reason, all sorts of stuff.

Fast forward to Thursday… I was on my way to Karawaci so I can help transport the advanced team to the venue when suddenly my car just stopped. It was around noon. That was just the weirdest thing. But I was reminded of our prayer time and thought to myself ‘ the enemy’s just not gonna let me have it easy’. I became even more convinced that this retreat is gonna be seriously awesome. So I just kept on praying and I thought either God will make this car start or He’s gonna provide the team another way to get there.
Bout 30mnt later, service guys arrived and for the next 40mnt or so they tried to figure out what was wrong and couldn’t fix it. Evrything is in good condition and I havn’t had any problem with the car in months.

The car ended up being towed away to the workshop and the team ended up leaving with a cab. Then I had to walk for about 15mnt in the crazy heat with my heavy backpack before I got myself a cab. I thought ‘man, this can’t be happening…this just couldn’t get worse’…but when I looked up n saw dark clouds started forming I quickly thought...’wow..I was wrong. It could b worse. I could be walking in the rain…praise God!’ Again I had to remind myself, NOTHING can ruin my day. I am still super excited about this retreat. I got to Karawaci safely, met the others before we drove off together in the bus.

The advanced team also had a rough journey. The rain was pouring during their drive. The ones who took the cab had to transfer to the car at a rest stop and had to transfer all luggage and stuff in the heavy rain n all…but that too didn’t ruin anybody’s day. We were all DETERMINED to have an awesome time receiving from God.
And WE DID =D

No comments:

Post a Comment